Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back to school!




Yesterday was our first day of school, though I know most of you went back weeks ago.



The day before, I didn't get out of bed until 9am; savouring every minute of my last summer morning. Bad idea. 6am came early yesterday and wow was I out of it all day. I had to take tylenol just to keep the sleep deprived headache away.

Moving on


The kids had mixed reactions. Like their mama, they didn't want to get out of bed. By the time they were dressed and came down to find their favorite breakfast, everyone seemed to be in a better mood. The breakfast by the way, was cheese eggs (scrambled eggs with shredded cheddar on top) and strawberries topped with whipped cream. Can't get much better than that!


We dropped the littles off with my SIL and drove to the school in good spirits. It wasn't until we were in sight of Noah's kindergarten classroom (from last year) that I realised he was having trouble with the transition. He didn't want to go in, didn't want to see his friends and didn't want to even say 'bonjour' to his old teacher!



After awhile he perked up and was able to let me leave. I secretly hung around though until his class made their way to their new classroom and teacher. I wanted to see where his room would be and who would be teaching him, as the former grade one teacher retired last year.




Meanwhile, I ran upstairs to check on Micah's class just in time to catch up briefly with another mom and walk with them to their new class. We were invited in for a few minutes to take pictures, but Micah wanted none of it. I was tempted to kiss him right there, but decided against it! Ha!


Both teachers seemed to be quite nice but fairly strict. I've mentioned before that my boys are in French immersion and so talking in English is discouraged. Personally, I didn't understand much of what Micah's teacher was saying to them but he seemed to. Noah's class gets everything told to them in French and then English so at least us parents had an idea of what was going on!


That night for another treat, I picked up a few things for an ice cream sundae bar. The kids had a blast!

No comments: