Friday, February 4, 2011

Dollar Store Fun

A few months ago while browsing the craft aisle at Dollarama, I noticed these felt boards:




You might notice that both the snowman and person are wearing summer clothing in a winter scene and that there is a rather strangely dressed person labelled "zoo." To explain, I bought three sets, a winter one, a camping one and a zoo one. Then I dumped all the little felt pieces into a large ziploc together and let the kids go with whatever they come up with.


The first one here was done by my 4 year old nephew and the second was done by 6 year old Noah (who also took the photo). He thought it was hilarious that the person was in a zoo with 3 suns (notice how he used fire?). My nephew got a kick out of using a scarf to look like a giant mushroom on top of a mountain and dressing a snowman in overalls.


So much fun for $6, which satisfies my desire to live a frugal life this year and gives the kids something to do when winter boredom hits.

No comments: