Tuesday, April 24, 2012

yes it has been a month, thank you for noticing

Ok, so March was absolutely a busy month; but so was April (so far).

Noah chose to do a pizza themed party for his 8th birthday and since Im a little crazy, I designed and planned that party in less than a month. Ill be recapping that this week, so stay tuned. We also completed our pre-marital counselling, celebrated my 29th birthday, finished up our registries and booked a few appointments.

I also had my first bridal melt-down, but we wont mention that.

All in all, I feel a little worn out and put off from further wedding planning. The initial excited rush to get things done has subsided and we're now in the phase that just sucks the life out of you. Or maybe just your money. Whatever.

But all is not lost! (Why does that make me think superheros?) My bridal shower is scheduled for less than two weeks from now and my parents are flying in for a week. Ill finally buy my dress during their visit and start actually celebrating this wedding, instead of just envisioning everything. I'll also get the chance to really share some of the plans with my mom. She's been kept informed by phone so far, but hasn't actually seen anything. Im looking forward to visiting the reception location with her, showing her the tablescapes I have planned, buying my dress(!), showing her the mock invites I've created and being able to chat for more than a few minutes at a time.

I have big plans to keep this blog updated daily between then and now because I can't promise Ill have the time during their visit. What do you think my odds are on that? HA!

No comments: