Tuesday, February 12, 2013

17 Weeks

Ideally, I would have posted this on Saturday, but The Sick had firmly implanted itself in my body and I was not able to do much of anything.

The day I wrote the last post, so a whole 10 days ago, I started to feel sick. Owen had come down with something suddenly the day before, so I was next in line. By Monday afternoon I was curled up on the couch, dreading the drive to pick up my boys from school. Tuesday had me asking Jason not to work late because I couldn't fathom going out in the cold at 8pm to pick him up. The kids even had to fend for themselves for supper that night!

Wednesday to Friday were so bad, I kept all the kids home from school, simply because I couldn't trust myself to drive. Koodos to those moms who find the strength to make lunches and send their kids off when they're sick. Im definitely not one of them. Jason even left work Thursday morning because I called him crying. It was that bad!

Thankfully, I seem to be mostly over it at this point. I have a nose that wont stop running and I tire easily, but those are normal pregnancy symptoms anyway. So, for the pregnancy:

Baby #5 is about the size of an onion this week, or 5 inches from head to bum (that's a big onion!). He/she has been a bit more active; now when I lay down at night or in the early morning, I can feel the movements unmistakably. There was one morning where baby must have totally flipped because I had that big whoosh feeling. So cool!

My ultrasound is still more than a week away so I try to not think of the pregnancy too much. Im a planner and I know that as soon as I find out what we're having, Im going to go into planning mode. Ha! Just to give you an idea of how much of a planner I am, I already have a Baby Meet and Greet SCHEDULED and PLANNED for August. I have invites picked out, a theme, decorations, a date, etc. Actually, I have a boy theme and a girl theme, so I'll be able to really get that going soon!

Seriously though, our house isn't ready for another baby. We have four bedrooms and there's already 6 people in them. The oldest and the youngest kids have their own rooms while the middle two share. ALL of the bedrooms are small though and so we're really not sure where to fit another person. We assumed that while baby was small, we would just have him/her in our room but we are really reconsidering that. There may end up being a whole room rearrangement, depending on the gender, so that's definitely something that Im anxious to get decided.

Otherwise, we're just movin' along. Im thankful to be in the second trimester where things are quiet ,but anxious to get a little further.

No comments: